What are the goal(s) of Intersections?
The Intersections program is an early intervention program that aims to improve outcomes that impact the justice system, the social service system, and children, youth, and their families.
Outcomes can include:
- Improved behaviour and well-being in children and youth
- Strengthened relationships between children/youth and their families/caregiver(s)
- Empowered children and youth and their parents and caregivers
- Reduced calls from school
There are also outcomes for health and social services systems:
- Reduced barriers and gaps to services
- Improved access to available services and referral options
- Strengthened service partnerships and community engagement
- Reduced health inequities
Finally, some of the possible outcomes for the justice system include:
- Reduced police contact
- Reduced crime
- Decreased demand for youth justice services